Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Barrry's 756 a Future Space Odyssey or Cooperstown bound?

The ball that Barry Bonds deposited into the left center seats that broke the Home Run record was just recently auctioned off for just short of $900K. Well if the public has anything to do with that ball could soon be floating in outer space. Yes you heard that right.

The winner of the auction was Mark Ecko, a designer from what I've heard today in NY. He has decided what he wants to do with the record breaking ball he just won, let the public decide its fate. Yep, the man that just spent almost a cool Million isn't keeping the ball but may end sending it up with NASA if the public says so.

He created a web site called, Vote756.com, to let people vote on three choices for the ball. They are as follows:

1) Bestow It - Give it to Cooperstown
2) Brand It - Mark the ball with an asterisk (*)
3) Banish It - Launch it to outer space

I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I'm not happy about Barry breaking this time honored record but now that it's broken part of me feels it should be in Cooperstown and then again part of me wants to see it in outer space. But I really feel like this is some marketing ploy for his designer clothing company and to get his name out in the general public that might not otherwise have known him, ie me. So I'll give him is 15 seconds of fame here and I'm voting for Cooperstown.

Click here to enter your vote.

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about putting it in Cooperstown without an asterisk?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.com

loans
loans Counter