Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Braves on TBS no more after 2007

I so wish yesterday was April 1st, that way I still wouldn't be sitting here in a state of disbelief. My beloved Braves will no longer be seen on TBS after 2007. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that is in a state of panic. TBS is pretty much carried by every cable company and thus can be seen in where in the country. So much for my plan to move to San Diego, if I can't see my Braves play I ain't moving, not that I would move from Charleston anyways. But I digress, I've been a Braves fan since I can remember picking up a baseball and have been following them on TBS since I was about 10 years old so it's going to be a sad day in 2008 when i want to turn on the tv to see the Braves and all I get is a Friends repeat.

If you haven't heard the news, TBS and it's parent company Turner South, just inked a deal with MLB to carry sunday baseball games and the Division Series playoffs. The reason for this is that TBS financially gets more advertising money from showing Friends and Seinfeld reruns that showing Braves games. But hope is not all lost unless you live outside of the southern region, because Atlanta based WTBS will still air about 45 Braves games to the clubs six-state home territory to include Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama and Tennesseee.

So for my buddy Miles in Denver you're just SOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.com

loans
loans Counter